I found this video really terrible, not only because of what the refugees had to go through but also because of how little another country was willing to do for them. One of the worst things to see is people in pain in a place where you can't help them and the people around them are able to help and won't. Some of the numbers I found online said there were probably at least 30,000 refugees in China and possibly quite a bit more. Another thing that I found online that the video didn't really talk about was how women and children were often sold into human trafficking and many refuggees have to beg on the streets or live in harsh climates just to stay alive. It's just really unbeleivable that China, and other countries aren't willing or doing much about this, even something as simple as letting people live there.
http://www.cecc.gov/pages/annualRpt/annualRpt05/2005_7_refugees.php
After watching Seoul Train, I was really shocked. To actually see it is different verses hearing/learning about it. They deserve freedom as much as anyone else does, and seeing them struggle to fight for their freedom disturbs me. They have to put their life in danger to survive and go through so much pain. I wish there was something i could do to help them gain freedom. This movie really made me appreciate living in a country with rights and realize other countries that dont, like North Korea. This link really shows how brutally North Koreans are living http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITBqRSMBWaM&feature=related
ReplyDelete